Re: Can send faxes but cannot receive faxes (899 Views)
Occasional Visitor
LorrainePagan
Message 1 of 4 (1,171 Views)

Can send faxes but cannot receive faxes

Our office can send faxes but we cannot receive them.  I had our ITS department take a look and they said that our Auto-Answer is answering busy.  So I checked the auto-answer to make sure it is on and set to fax and it is. 

We do not have any conflicting telephone services such as voice mail, privacy block, security screen, anonymous call rejection, call waiting, etc.

The only other thing I was not able to check is the Distinctive ring.  The manual says to make sure the ring pattern matches the ring pattern on the fax line.  How do you check that?!

Any help would be great.

Thank you!

Occasional Visitor
Yruj
Message 2 of 4 (1,167 Views)

Re: Can send faxes but cannot receive faxes

Make sure the phone number is not listed in Blocked Fax Numbers and try to lower the Maximum Baud Rate

Occasional Visitor
Lindajo47
Message 3 of 4 (1,098 Views)

I am having the same problem in that I can send faxes but not receive them. I have checked every solution  listed in the troubleshooting for this problem but to no avail. Also I had my machine set up to receive faxes to my computer and that has stopped. The only way I can receive faxes is to shut the unit off and turn back on. The faxes get printed off when it finishes resetting. This is extremely frustrating and time consumming.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. I bought a new desktop computer and had to download the newest version of the driver etc in order to get this machine to work but there has always been a problem with the system in total.

Neighborhood Moderator
affableLJ
Message 4 of 4 (899 Views)

On what product are you having problems receiving faxes?

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.