Trim 7.3.3.5645 Still Creating VMBX Files - Groupwise 8 (399 Views)
Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 1 of 5 (399 Views)
Accepted Solution

Trim 7.3.3.5645 Still Creating VMBX Files - Groupwise 8

We are testing HP Trim 7.3.3.5645 in development.  Both Client and Server is 7.3.3.5645.

I cataloged an email from Groupwise 8 from the 7.3.3.5645 Client to the 7.3.3.5645 server.

I then searched for the record on the Client making sure that document details was in the view pane.

I expected to see under document details an "EML" file.  Instead the document is in VMBX.

Am I missing a step somewhere, totally misunderstanding the whole concept of EML, or is emails from Groupwise still created in VMBX.

Any suggestions, ideas, or help will be greatly appreciated.

RD

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 2 of 5 (340 Views)

Re: Trim 7.3.3.5645 Still Creating VMBX Files - Groupwise 8

I'm not sure if this is on target, since not many use groupwise anymore... but from the specifications documentation:

Novell GroupWise - mail integration options - in the Tools → Options → Viewer tab, the option When viewing mail messages and a Native Mail Rendition exists, launch the Native Mail Application option is not supported for GroupWise. While HP TRIM fully integrates with GroupWise, HP Software does not support a GroupWise native format, as GroupWise itself does not support the concept of native format for e-mail. GroupWise will try to save e-mail in a format that is not associated with GroupWise but rather with the word processing application on that computer, for example, WordPerfect or Word. There is therefore no GroupWise rendition that will enable you to view the e-mail stored as an individual file on the file system in its native application

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Carol Collins
Message 3 of 5 (307 Views)

I'm a few days behind you, but testing the same environment (except that we use GroupWise 12).  I also registered an email from GroupWise and see that it is a VMBX file.  That's a surprise, since the change to the "standard" EML format was touted as a new feature for V7.31.  I was a little bit worried about that change and how all of the existing VMBX files would continue to be rendered, indexed, etc., and also the ramifications of having a mix of old VMBX and new EML files.  But, everything seems to be functioning just as it always has.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 4 of 5 (299 Views)

[ Edited ]

Carol,

Thanks for taking the time to test 7.3 and Groupwise.   Though the results are unexpected, I am glad to see other experiencing similar behavior.

I don't think there would have been a problem with the different email formats.

I submitted this to HP as a case on 9/20/2013 and it is still under review.  Curious to see their findings.

RD

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 5 of 5 (265 Views)

HP Trim confirmed that Groupwise emails are still being converted to VMBX.

The problem will be fixed in future builds of 7.3.

So now we know.

RD

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation