Re: Some users are missing the "Catalogue e-mail only" feature in HP TRIM 7.3.3.5645 (1060 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Delete_or_Not
Message 1 of 14 (1,289 Views)

Some users are missing the "Catalogue e-mail only" feature in HP TRIM 7.3.3.5645

As the subject say....

So, any chance/way of putting back this feature?

Catalogue e-mail only" feature in HP TRIM 7.3.3.5645

Regards

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 2 of 14 (1,255 Views)

Re: Some users are missing the "Catalogue e-mail only" feature in HP TRIM 7.3.3.5645

No

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 3 of 14 (1,234 Views)

Re: Some users are missing the "Catalogue e-mail only" feature in HP TRIM 7.3.3.5645

Catalogue email only has been removed for good. TRIM and RM only capture the native format now which will always include whatever is attached.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Delete_or_Not
Message 4 of 14 (1,214 Views)

Thanks for replying,

Some sections in the company are really missing the "Catalogue e-mail only" .... The attachments goes somewhere else and e-mail message goes on the few other places/databases etc. Also, all that got combined into one big PDF with the last page of PDF being that email  and there is a workflow involved and nobody wants to have 3-4 MB emails to be re-saved few times etc.... There is also automated process involved here soon.... I am just passing what I've been told...their concerns ....

Apparently,  "Catalogue e-mail only" .... was working vey well for the business features/procedures they used and now they have to save 3-4 MB emails multiple times ....

Any workaround for this?

Also, I've heard "rumours" that in HP TRIM 7.3.3 some e-mails can be modified in TRIM , would that be true? I need to confirm this tomorrow...

Regards

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 5 of 14 (1,202 Views)

Not sure I am following the issue, might need some steps to replicate.

You should not be able to edit a mail message in TRIM, if they can there is something wrong.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Delete_or_Not
Message 6 of 14 (1,189 Views)

Hi,

I asked for more information about editing the e-mail and I did not received any yet, ..If I got them, I will analyse it.

But now different problem with e-mails arised .... When saving e-mails, TRIM is swapping the Author, Addressee and Other contacts....

So If a Joe Bloke send email to Coca Cola, and cc the boss, it should be like this:

Joe Bloke - contact type: Author

CocaCola - contact type: Addresse

Boss - contact type: Other

In our case, the contact fields Addresse and Other are swapped..

Why is this happening and how this can be fixed...It is influencing 30 % of the users....e.g. statistics, reports etc...

Could it be because of the order of adding these contacts ...(if email is saved normally) but if done via linked MS Outlook folders ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 7 of 14 (1,176 Views)

What is different bout the users that have this problem, compared to those that don't?

Different outlook\trim versions?

Different steps to replicate?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Neil Summers
Message 8 of 14 (1,161 Views)

Sounds awfully like a known issue:

QCCR2D47994 - TRIM in Outlook- Not Capturing Addressee field when cataloguing emails from Outlook

To be fixed in an upcoming release.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HP.

(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM you're using in all posts)

HP Software Support Online (SSO): http://support.openview.hp.com
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 9 of 14 (1,152 Views)

We are testing Trim 7.3.3.5645 and Groupwise 8

We are having the same problem in our testing - not capturing the correct addressee field  (cc and to swapped) and we are testing Groupwise 8.

Since the fix is in the next build, hopefully the next build will be coming out very soon.

RodgerDodger

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 10 of 14 (1,146 Views)

[ Edited ]

I was recently looking at document: KM00599348,  TRIM in Outlook- Not Capturing Addressee field  when cataloguing emails from Outlook   

It shows the following  release status:

7.30    Closed-No Change
8.00    Completed

Does this mean that the change was done on RM 8 and not Trim 7.3?   If so, than the change will be reflected in the next build of RM 8 and not Trim 7.3.

Any comments?

Also,  HP says the problem is fixed in Outlook.  Is is fixed in Groupwise?  I sure hope so!!!!

Oh, by the way, HP has confirmed that Emails cataloged into Trim 7.3.3.5645 from Groupwise are not being rendered to EML but remain VMBX.

Stay tuned for this fix.

RodgerDodger

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 11 of 14 (1,133 Views)

Just as a heads up, RM8 does not list Groupwise has a supported application.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Delete_or_Not
Message 12 of 14 (1,117 Views)

Thanks, I am back,

The issue will be fixed in HP TRIM 7.3.4 (coming soon)

Regards

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 13 of 14 (1,062 Views)

When is 7.3.4 coming out with the email fix?  Nobody seems to be too concerned about the release date.

Considering Support for Trim 7.1 ends March 31, 2014, Trim needs to give its customers Trim 7.3.4 now!!!

RD

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 14 of 14 (1,060 Views)

Release dates are never published beforehand.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation