Re: Problems with Outlook 2010 and Linked Folders in Trim (218 Views)
Occasional Advisor
mlcourt
Message 1 of 3 (293 Views)

Problems with Outlook 2010 and Linked Folders in Trim

All:

I have a client, using Trim 7.1, Windows 7, who is experiencing a problem with dropping e-mails from Outlook 2010 to some of her linked folders in Trim. The e-mails go into trim, but not into the folders.   The problem folders are linked. I also tried deleting the problem outlook folders and relinking them, but it doesn't work

Thanks,

Mike

Frequent Advisor
Alpine_2
Message 2 of 3 (226 Views)

Re: Problems with Outlook 2010 and Linked Folders in Trim

TRIM 7.1.1 Build 1828 32-bit

Outlook 2010 14.0.6112.5000 32-bit

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64-bit

We are also experiencing issues with dragging an email from the Inbox to a TRIM Linked Folder in Outlook. 

When the user drags an email from his Inbox to a TRIM linked folder within Outlook, he catalogs the email as normal and it ends up in TRIM correctly, however that email also ends up in his Outlook's Sync Issues / Conflicts folder, often duplicated and triplicated, hence taking up his mailbox quota very quickly.

The emails vary in size from 15Mb down to 9kb. Tested dragging an email to a non-TRIM linked folder in Outlook and the symptom did not occur. So it is definitely only occuring on a TRIM linked folder.

The user's Outlook had the "Use Cached Exchange Mode" tickbox enabled and he advises he does not use any message rules.

Has anyone else experienced this symptom and know of a fix?

HP Expert
Neil Summers
Message 3 of 3 (218 Views)

Re: Problems with Outlook 2010 and Linked Folders in Trim

Alpine_2 wrote:

"...he catalogs the email as normal and it ends up in TRIM correctly, however that email also ends up in his Outlook's Sync Issues / Conflicts folder, often duplicated and triplicated, hence taking up his mailbox quota very quickly..."

There was an issue identified with TRIM and Outlook 2010 (not other Outlook versions) that caused similar behaviour with a copy of the catalogued e-mail being put in the conflicts folder.

This particular issue was only found internally in pre-release testing of TRIM 7.32 and was fixed for that release. It may have existed pre-7.32. You can tell if it's the same issue if you ensure the already-catalogued email is highlighted and then select HP TRIM -> Mail Items. The email cannot be recatalogued, only catalogued. The side effect of this is if Clear Backlogs is used, the emails that have been catalogued already via a linked folder will be catalogued into HP TRIM again.

I'm not aware of a workaround other than to regularly clean out the conflicts folder. Perhaps you can automate that with an AutoArchive rule?

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HP.

(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM you're using in all posts)

HP Software Support Online (SSO): http://support.openview.hp.com
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.