Outlook exchange versions and TRIM (323 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Jane Hay
Message 1 of 4 (323 Views)

Outlook exchange versions and TRIM

My organisation is planning on upgrading from Outlook Exchange 2007 to 2013 and I'm looking for some advice regarding supported versions but also, how exactly does Outlook Exchange 'integrate' with TRIM and what sort of things can go wrong if TRIM doesn't want to play nice with Exchange?

We're currently on TRIM 7.1.0 1157 (32bit clients, 64bit server). Outlook clients are Office 2010 32bit. Exchange is 2007 version.

Does anyone know which version of TRIM are supported for Exchange 2013?

and if anyone can give me some details on the integration/relationship between Exchange and TRIM that would be great. My IT section needs to know how upgrading the Outlook Exchange is going to affect things.

Many thanks

Jane

HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 2 of 4 (301 Views)

Re: Outlook exchange versions and TRIM

Hi Jane,

there is a blurp in the SPEC that outlines support for Exchange:

Microsoft Exchange support – while Records Manager does not work directly with Microsoft Exchange, testing does include Microsoft Exchange and Outlook versions supported by Microsoft. However, as there are several versions of Microsoft Exchange and Outlook, as well as many possible Records Manager configurations, it is highly recommended that before upgrading your Microsoft Exchange servers, you undertake thorough testing in your software environment to ensure there are no issues.

Also worth pointing out that 7.1 is scheduled for obsolescence in early 2014 and if you do not already you should look to have an upgrade plan.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Frequent Advisor
Jane Hay
Message 3 of 4 (289 Views)

thanks Greg,

So in theory we should be fine to upgrade to Outlook Exchange 2013 with any version of TRIM, providing we test first?

Are there any known gotcha's that we should specifically look out for?

thanks for the comment re the obsolence, I had seen the notices about this, unfortunately we won't be able to upgrade in such a short time frame. Of course an upgrade is on our radar but it's not likely to be possible until well into 2014.

HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 4 of 4 (277 Views)

That's right. That version of Exchange also was released a number of years after your TRIM version so there can be things like OS, Outlook, Exchange and environmental factors that might lead to an issue. There are too many variables for us to test. That is why we recommend testing at your end.

I had a quick look could not see any gotchas reported at this stage.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.