MS Outlook 2010 Error Message When Saving an Email Into TRIM (332 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Kylie_Lack
Message 1 of 2 (332 Views)

MS Outlook 2010 Error Message When Saving an Email Into TRIM

Hi

I have a customer who is trying to save an email into TRIM and is randomly receiving the following message:

"TRIM Workgroup Connection

A request to the HP TRIM Workgroup Server ‘servername’ failed.

Function request (Get next unique row identifier (GetNextUri64)) for HP TRIM Workgroup Server ‘servername’ failed. Detected multiple threads accessing the same database object simultaneously."

I managed to find a case in the Self Solve section with this exact message but no resolution.  Apart from a connection issue, does anyone know what might be the cause?

Environment is:

MS Outlook 2010

Windows 7

HP TRIM 7.1.1150

Thanks.

Frequent Advisor
NZ-TRIM-Experts
Message 2 of 2 (305 Views)

Re: MS Outlook 2010 Error Message When Saving an Email Into TRIM

Hi Kylie,

It is very hard to answer this question but it does sound like a general error when teh connection to the TRIM Workgroup server can't be made.  Also the error medssages seem to conflict eachotehr a little causing more confusion.

In essence it looks like there might have been an issue with the provision of teh next available URI from the database.

Have you recently upgraded from a previous TRIM version?  In TRIM 7 the Office integraton was redeveloped and we have seen an instance where after the upgrade both the old Outlook Add-in and the new Outlook Add-in were both present and caused all sorts of issues.

Can you check the registry on the users machine to see if there might be references to two integrations?  I think it is in one of teh two following areas:

1) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins

Hopefully that works.

InfocentriK Helpdesk

P (+64) 04 – 566 1115
E support@infocentrik.co.nz
W www.infocentrik.co.nz

InfocentriK Limited
PO Box 31139
Lower Hutt 5040
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.