HP TRIM In Outlook Error Message (277 Views)
Regular Visitor
grzeszky
Message 1 of 6 (277 Views)

HP TRIM In Outlook Error Message

[ Edited ]

I have never come across the attached error message which has appeared out of the blue for only one user.

We are currently on version 7.3.0.5210 and using Outlook 2010.

I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 2 of 6 (266 Views)

Re: HP TRIM In Outlook Error Message

It looks vaguely familiar, but as to the cause I'm not sure.

Do you have any ideas about what the user was doing at the time the received the error? 

Multiple windows open

Cataloguing from a shared mailbox

Etc.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
grzeszky
Message 3 of 6 (246 Views)

We are running TRIM 7.3, Windows 7 etc through a VDI on an XP platform, and I have established the staff member had a number of applications open within XP and a number of applications open within the VDI when the error occured.

I was unable to ascertain though if the staff member had 2 instances of TRIM or Outlook open (one in XP and one through the VDI in Windows 7).

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 4 of 6 (240 Views)

It's going to be hard to figure out what is going on without those details. If it happens again see if you can find out from the user what were they doing at the time?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
grzeszky
Message 5 of 6 (214 Views)

It was as I suspected upon further investigation this moring - the user was trying to complete tasks within both environments.

In some cases 2 instances of a multitude of programs being open and used (one in XP and one Windows 7) which of course was not only causing the originally attached error message but a few other issues.

All is well again now I have them working from within Windows 7 only.

Thank you anyway for your time  :)

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 6 of 6 (207 Views)

No worries, glad it was an easy fix.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation