Re: Email Notifications - No Emails Sent when activites assigned. (116 Views)
Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 1 of 7 (143 Views)

Email Notifications - No Emails Sent when activites assigned.

I am almost finished testing Trim 7.1.2.2017 before we roll it out.   We are also using Groupwise 8.

I am testing mail notifications in workflow.  I have configured the workflow and events to send an email when

an activity is assigned.

I have kicked off a workflow and have assigned an activity to me.  My location has the correct email address.

Though I can see in the TES that mail notification events exist , I have not received any emails about assigned activities.

I have checked the windows events log and cannot find anything that would indicate a problem.

I have tested the email server in the TES and it works correctly and I have received an email when testing the setup.

Are those activity emails getting blocked?

Thanks for any help in correcting the problem of no emails when activities are assigned.

RD

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 2 of 7 (142 Views)

Re: Email Notifications - No Emails Sent when activites assigned.

Do other workflow email notifications get sent out?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 3 of 7 (130 Views)

That is correct.  I cannot get email notifications to be sent out from any workflow.

RD

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 4 of 7 (127 Views)

Can you verify that the system setting is enabled for sending notifications for workflow?

1) Open TRIM

2) Click Tools->HP TRIM Administration->System Settings

3) Click the Events Tab

4) Check the box labeled "Send e-mail notifications as defined for activities"

5) Click ok

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 5 of 7 (124 Views)

Erik,

Yes, I had previously enabled the settings for email notification for workflow.

RD

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 6 of 7 (122 Views)

Ok... then the next thing to do is to dig into the log for the server. I would disable all other event server processing, enable logging, push through an activity, and then look at the log. It could be something with the email account on the location, maybe you're using a position/group instead of a person, etc.

There are builds of TRIM where this was a bug. But I thought it had been fixed in these latest builds.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
RodgerDodger
Message 7 of 7 (116 Views)

[ Edited ]

Notifications are working now.    When I suspended all other events and redeployed in order to check the logs,  Emails were being sent.

I then reenabled all other events to see if it would cause an error.  Instead, the emails were still getting sent.

Why did  I need to suspend the other events to finally get mail notifications to work?

Thanks Erik for your help.

RD

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation