Re: COM Object error - Office 2010 / TRIM 7.3 (274 Views)
Occasional Contributor
VeronikaD
Message 1 of 3 (329 Views)

COM Object error - Office 2010 / TRIM 7.3

Hi there,

We are currently rolling out a new SOE for the business and are receiving the attached error when using the catalogue button from the Add-ins menu in Outlook.

When you actually open an email and use the catalogue button from there, it works fine.

We are running Windows 7 (64-bit), Office 2010 (32-bit) and TRIM 7.3.0.5210

We have had the same configuration working normally in the previous SOE so I am concluding that something is missing from the new build (i.e. dll, reg key, etc)

Has anyone seen this before that can shed some light on how to fix this?

thanks kindly,

Veronika

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Neil Summers
Message 2 of 3 (294 Views)

Re: COM Object error - Office 2010 / TRIM 7.3

I know there have been a few issues with trimsdk.dll not being registered properly. Don't know if it's the cause of your issue but no harm in re-registering it to see if it fixes it.

E.g. regsvr32  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\trimsdk.dll"

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HP.

(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM you're using in all posts)

HP Software Support Online (SSO): http://support.openview.hp.com
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Richard Kelly_7
Message 3 of 3 (274 Views)

Re: COM Object error - Office 2010 / TRIM 7.3

The COM component in your error message is actually an Office one rather than a TRIM one, so I would be tempted to try reinstalling the Office PIA's from http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=3508.

THe other thing to watch is that the TRIM client is 32 bit (the same as Office) you cannot mix and match.

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HP.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation