3rd party TRIM/Outlook integration (282 Views)
Advisor
Shanetga
Message 1 of 4 (282 Views)

3rd party TRIM/Outlook integration

Apart from inMailX for TRIM (http://www.digitus.com.au/products/inmailx/optional-connectors), is anyone aware of any other 3rd party TRIM/Outlook integration solutions?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 2 of 4 (248 Views)

Re: 3rd party TRIM/Outlook integration

I think  a few of the business partners have something. Hopefully someone can update this post with the details.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Ralf_Wegener
Message 3 of 4 (229 Views)

[ Edited ]

Although a non HP TRIM product addon from an integration point of view (http://www.techhit.com/)

I really like how they integrate with any DMS one way is neat and loosley coupled.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Ralf_Wegener
Message 4 of 4 (201 Views)

[ Edited ]

Further to my previous post; I was asked by a client to develop an Outlook and HP TRIM integration solution to:

1. Replicate standard HP TRIM Outlook / Integraton functionality

2. Implement additional business rules specific to the organisation

Rather then developing something from scratch; I did some research on the net and stumbled accross MessageSave and SimplyFile (www.techhit.com) and although the products themselves are rich in functionality; the ability to easily integrate with other DMS soluitons and from my point of view HP TRIM was extremely flexible particularly given their integration concepts does not require 3rd party applications to access their API using any code. 

All I needed to do from a proof of concept point of view was to develop a standard winform application with TRIM specific functionality (similar to Outlook HP TRIM functionality) which is launched when the MessageSave product button is clicked from within Outlook.

The only exception I had with the product due to the way their integration with other DMS functions (no access to the Outlook object model) was the inability to update email subjects with HP TRIM Record Numbers etc.

Otherwise; I thought it was a pretty neat tool irrespective of HP TRIM integration.

Have attached for your reference a few screen dumps of the proof of concept. 

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation