Re: LC2000 Array Problem (137 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (137 Views)
Accepted Solution

LC2000 Array Problem

Hi. We have a LC2000 server which had a Disk failure. We tried to rebuild the disk and it failed after 14%. We replaced the disk and tried rebuilding again, same result. We replaced it with another new disk (larger), tried again, failed after 14%. We replaced every piece of hardware (except Netraid Adapter), to check, but nothing. Some guy told me I had to rebuild the all Array, but that is my last shot. Did I miss something? Any Ideas?
Respected Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (137 Views)

Re: LC2000 Array Problem

Daniel,

When a rebuild fails on a netraid adapter there??s probably an error on one of the other disks in that array.
You can check this by looking at the properties of the other drives, there will probably be one or more (media) errors.

The only way to fix this is to create a full backup, replace the failed drive AND the drive(s) with errors, recreate the array, initialize it reinstall your OS and restore your backup.

Good luck!

Marco
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (137 Views)

Thanks for your prompt response Marco.

Another question, We use Arcserve to backup files and we had Oracle installed on that server, should we reinstall Oracle or we can restore it from the Tape?

Thanks again for your help.

P.S. I understand that maybe Oracle or Arcserve are not your knowledge strengh areas, but according to your experience what would your advice be?
Respected Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (137 Views)

You're right, Oracle and Arcserve are not my area of expertise. I think Arcserve should be capable of restoring Oracle correctly but maybe you can post a question at Computer Associates forums at http://forums.ca.com/disclaimer.html ?

Marco
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.