08-11-2008 03:56 PM
I was looking for information in regards to shelf id no's as both EVA4400 do not come up in a logical manner. ie 1 to 8 or 8 to 1.
Both are not initialised.
Install and user guides do not mention anything.
08-11-2008 04:16 PM
a) here are a couple of docs links:
EVA 4400 SW installation included (starter kit):
b) EVA 4400 firmware downloadable at:
the eva 4400 perf white paper
08-12-2008 03:56 AM
- Either shelf I/O module can receive a shelf number from the initiator
- Shelf number is received through an SES page
- No supported way to manually set shelf number
- When shelf I/O module receives SES page with shelf number it is written to EEPROM on midplane
- Displayed on the 7-segment display on the controller
- I/O modules read EEPROM periodically to discover any changes to the shelf number