Configuring MSA30 using a non-hp RAID controller (141 Views)
Occasional Visitor
ig shum
Message 1 of 2 (141 Views)
Accepted Solution

Configuring MSA30 using a non-hp RAID controller

Hello,

I have an MSA30 Dual Bus (prev. model name is 4354R).
The MSA30 has:
- PROLIANT 4L7E*DB card revision 2.30
- 12 disks of 146GB ultra320.

I want to use all the 12 disks which are on the MSA30.

I use a Win2k3 server, with a Mylex AcceleRAID 170 Disk Array Controller to access the MSA30.
The Mylex controller has one SCSI port, which is connected to Port-A on the 4L7E*DB.

In the Mylex software, when I scan for SCSI devices, I see only 7 disks of the MSA30 and the 4L7E*DB card. I don't see the other 5 disks which are on the MSA30.

If I connect the Mylex to Port-B on 4L7E*DB, and rescan, I see the other 5 disks of the MSA30.

The HP Array Configuration (ver 8.50.5) and ADU, don't recognize the Mylex as a SCSI controller, and don't recognize the attached MSA30, so I cannot reconfigure.

How can I configure the MSA30 using the Mylex RAID controller, to allow access to all the 12 drives on Port-A?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Uwe Zessin
Message 2 of 2 (141 Views)

Re: Configuring MSA30 using a non-hp RAID controller

Your enclosure has a dual-bus I/O module, which splits the 14 disk bays into two SCSI busses of 7 bays, each.

If you want a single bus, you MUST physically replace the I/O module against a single-bus model.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation