Re: Specify settings in hpf control file (307 Views)
Occasional Visitor
jpuckett
Message 1 of 3 (411 Views)

Specify settings in hpf control file

The hpf control file that the 9200C digital sender sends to the fax server drop directory along with the scanned image needs a ##printconfirm line in it that is missing by default.  Is there any way to specify or modify the hof control file that the 9200C submits along with the image file ?

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Soups_on
Message 2 of 3 (324 Views)

Re: Specify settings in hpf control file

jpuckett,

A couple of questions:

1- Are you using the Digital Sending Software (DSS) or using the embedded send to fax capabilities in the DS 9200C?

2 - Which LanFax server are you using?

3 - Do you have anything selected for notifications?

thanks,

I work for HP. The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post if this helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jpuckett
Message 3 of 3 (307 Views)

Re: Specify settings in hpf control file

[ Edited ]

Sorry I missed your earlier post, thanks for your reply.

1. using Digital Sender Service version 4.25.42

2. using Castelle FaxpressPremier

3. the DSS hpbs2e.ini file has  ' Notification Supported=1 '  specified

I do get e:mail notification that the Fax was sent however print notification is not happening which includes a thumbnail image of the 1st page of the fax and data at the bottom specifying if the fax was successful

What I've found is that printing of confirmations worked for the older Castelle Faxpress 3500 and 5000 units, but does not work with Castelle FaxpressPremier. 

The Castelle FaxpressPremier is looking for a ##PRINTCONFIRM line to be included in the .hpf control file that is sent along with the fax image.

I can confirm this by intercepting the control file before it is processed by the Castelle FaxpressPremier LAN Fax and manually modifying the file by adding the ##PRINTCONFIRM line to the .hpf control file.

I then let the LAN fax process the fax and confirmation does indeed get printed as expected.

It appears that Castelle, Captaris, OpenText changed the way that they print confirmations from HP MFP's and are now looking for a ##PRINTCONFIRM line in the .hpf control file.  I have a HP 9200 digital sender and a HP M4555 MFP that I have this problem with.  I can only assume that Castelle FaxpressPremier folks built this into the new software based on what HP told them to look for ???

The OpenText Folks can't do anything for me other than to say they will submit it as a feature request but tell me up front that they don't know when or even if it will get implemented.

So I'm back to the HP side .......  can I modify the .hpf control file ... or get the DSS Software ot HP M4555 MFP to specify the ##PRINTCONFIRM line in the .hpf control file it sends to the LAN Fax ????

Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation