Re: Scanning to local computer (226 Views)
Occasional Contributor
George Dubya
Message 1 of 3 (255 Views)

Scanning to local computer

Has anyone been successful hooking up 9250c DS to a computer either through the USB port or the Ethernet and using the "scan to folder" option to save on the local hard drive. These devices have been disapproved by our org for sending PII and I may need to set them up to scan to a local computer. I have almost 100 of these to hook up in this manner so replacing them all just isn't an option at this time. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

George

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (237 Views)

Re: Scanning to local computer

I have been able to attach to a local network and scan to a local computer on the network. You have to sort of fake an email server since it always wants one, but just use any name. Once you do this you can go to the web interface and setup to send to a local machine. You have to have a user name and password to access the local machine. Instead of using the name of the computer I used the ip address of the computer and the folder name I established for saving the files.
Occasional Advisor
VinayBangalore
Message 3 of 3 (226 Views)

Re: Scanning to local computer

Hi,

Digital Sender's jetdirect has information on scanning as Scan to Folder or scan to Email is configured via web interface of the printer.

I would suggest youuse any Hub/Switch or a router on the network and use any avaailable SMTP servers from Internet service providers or install/configure one on your network.

Its not recommended you connect tyhe network cable directly from printer to computer as it could create more conflicts if the Computer is conencted to network via another NIC of the computer.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.