Re: Problem installing HP 9100c digital sender (540 Views)
Occasional Contributor
fisherg
Message 1 of 7 (540 Views)

Problem installing HP 9100c digital sender

I am installing the Digital Sender Software ver 4.6 for an HP 9100c digital sender on an XP Pro w/ SP2 machine. The installation only gets so far before I get an error "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine failed to install". Installation than fails. I am an administrator in these machines. I only get this error when I install the software on Dell Optiplex's (unfortunately, this is what my company owns the most of). These Dell's have the most recent bios update. Interestingly I have been able to load the software on a Compaq.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Kate Fisher
Message 2 of 7 (540 Views)

Re: Problem installing HP 9100c digital sender

I am having the same problem on a Dell Optiplex GX 170. Digital Sender S/W install rolls back. Now experiencing mrxdav.sys errors on that machine - blue screens, etc. Not sure if the two problems are related.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Fredrik S
Message 3 of 7 (540 Views)

Firstly, please note that the DS9100c is not supported in DSS 4.x. The DS9100c has mostly embedded functionality, but there's some software for e.g. sending to folder (Digital Sender Link and Digital Sender Service).
As for your DSS 4.6 install issue, are you running an OS image, or was Windows XP installed from an original CD? Since there are two instances of installs failing on Dell PCs, I'm wondering if this could be an issue with their OEM image.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Richard Baeten
Message 4 of 7 (540 Views)

Far from replying, I hope to see my question answered here as well. I am not an administrator but a virtual digibete. Having installed, or run, the cd, apparently successfully, the DS9100c screen says "Embedded web server not responding. Please restart the Digital Sender." Yes, this comes with a triangle and an exclamation mark, and no, restarting does not help, nor is the message in the troubleshooting pages of the accompanying Administrator Guide or the User Guide. Is it simply because I put the cables in the wrong sockets, or what is it? Help that goes beyond illegible language like "Check the IP address of the SMTP Gateway; ping the address to make sure it is alive on the network" is much appreciated; computerspeak is not helpful at all, and it should not be impossible to tell me where to go precisely when giving instructions. PS I bought my HP computer new with the latest Windows version mid-2008.
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 5 of 7 (540 Views)

>Richard: Help that goes beyond illegible language like "Check the IP address of the SMTP Gateway;

You don't know what those words mean?
Has your ISP given your a SMTP gateway IP or name? SMTP is a protocol for sending mail.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smtp

>ping the address to make sure it is alive on the network" is much appreciated

If you don't have an IP address, this won't help.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Richard Baeten
Message 6 of 7 (540 Views)

@ Dennis: Instead of plugging the cable that was attached to the HP DS 9100C into my 'wireless' computer, I put it into the modem that 'beams' internet wirelessly to my computer. Finally, the opening screen on the DS is normal (progress!), and I can press the E-mail button on the left. I then get a message saying "http:192.168.0.11:4242." But it comes with a new error message: "E-mail server not found. Contact your administrator." Chapter 5 - Troubleshooting, p.98 of the User Guide advises to "Turn the digital sender off and then on again; make sure all cabling is securely connected; [and] if the problem persists [it does] to contact the administrator." So, again, please help.
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 7 of 7 (540 Views)

>I put it into the modem that 'beams' internet wirelessly to my computer.

Ok, that connects it to your network.

>I then get a message saying "http:192.168.0.11:4242." But it comes with a new error message: "E-mail server not found.

Have you configured your DS9100c?
Have you tried talking to the Embedded web server to configure it?
Try pasting this URL into your browser's address bar:
http:192.168.0.11:4242
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation