New DSS 5.01 software available (906 Views)
HP Pro
Soups_on
Message 1 of 3 (906 Views)

New DSS 5.01 software available

HP has released a new version of the Digital Sending Software (DSS) 5.01.  It is available for download at www.hp.com/go/dss.  There are also some technical documents available to help with the migration from earlier versions of DSS to the newest DSS 5.01 - from the main DSS web page, select DSS suport, then "manuals" on the pane on the right side.

This new version of DSS supports Windows 2008 and 2012 servers, new HP MFP devices and many enhancements including:

- Scan to multiple folders at the same time

- Scan to MS SharePoint

- Enchanced templates capabilities - easy configuration of groups of devices

- various performance improvements

If you are loading DSS on a new server, you will need to contact the HP Licensing group at www.hp.com/software/licensing to reassign the MAC address of your new server to your device licenses.

Download it now for free and take advantage of all the work HP has put into this new version .

Happy Digital Sending...

I work for HP. The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post if this helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Occasional Visitor
gregmani
Message 2 of 3 (662 Views)

Re: New DSS 5.01 software available

We had problems with DSS version 5.01.03.213.  Is this an update to that version? 

With version 5.01.03.213, when Microsoft .NET 4.5 was patched, the Configuration Utility and the DSes could no longer contact the DSS service on the server.  The OS we are using is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, SP1.  Does the new version resolve this problem? 

If no, is this issue known to HP and is it being worked on?

HP Pro
Soups_on
Message 3 of 3 (644 Views)

Re: New DSS 5.01 software available

Hi gregmani,

DSS version 5.01.03.213 is the current version of software.  I don't know what version of Microsoft .NET 4.5 the DSS software was tested against.  I would suggest contacting HP support and raise the issue there for investigation.  http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

regards,

gregmani wrote:

We had problems with DSS version 5.01.03.213.  Is this an update to that version? 

With version 5.01.03.213, when Microsoft .NET 4.5 was patched, the Configuration Utility and the DSes could no longer contact the DSS service on the server.  The OS we are using is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, SP1.  Does the new version resolve this problem? 

If no, is this issue known to HP and is it being worked on?

I work for HP. The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post if this helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.