Re: HP DS 9100C and Firmware (41 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Todd Manz
Message 1 of 2 (41 Views)

HP DS 9100C and Firmware

I'm not sure that the firmware update caused the problem or if was from switching over to another provider, etc. But I will try to lay out waht has happened.

Recently my company moved to a new office. During the remodeling of the new office I had the whole network layed out with CAT6 cabling. We are still using stand hubs and switches, but as time and resources become available this will change.

During the move we also upgraded our DSL service to a higher level and it has been working great (Until yesterday) when no-one could send email. Recieving, and browsing the web were not a problem, but sending was an issue.(AND with the Digital Sender)

After some run around with the DSL provider I found out that they changed the SMTP server. It was now a IMAP (I think is what they called it) server that required name and authentication to connect to.

So I got that all working with email, but then I was having a problem with the digital sender. SO I decided to try and get this set up with out secondary internet connection (Cable) which still uses a standard SMTP server.

I can send a test message fromthe DS at any time, but whenever I try to send a document it appears to go through, but when I check the log there is and error message that states:

Unknown Network error during e-mail transmission. Code: 0. 14:06:12 Wednesday, March 20, 2002 035/00

Any ideas?????

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Tommyboy
Message 2 of 2 (41 Views)

Re: HP DS 9100C and Firmware

I think you must use an SMTP (simple mail transfer protocol) mail server to run the mail from the DS. You said you switched to a IMAP or IMAPI connection. I think you need to get back with your provider and try to get smtp back. Also if you are going to them for your mail you need to have an open port to get the mail in and out. Using your own mail server to handle the mail would be better.
Dude!!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation