Re: Firmware v5.0 problems (123 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Danny OConnor
Message 1 of 5 (123 Views)

Firmware v5.0 problems

OK, lots of us are having problems with Firmware v5.0 on the 9100C.

Having just purchased our first Digital Sender, it's rather disheartening to have to disable the connectivity with our Fax software (rightfax) - one of the main reasons for buying the device in the first place !

Downgrading to v4.0 gives other problems, so this isn't really a suitable solution.

If anyone from HP is reading these forums, any idea of when 5.0 is going to be either re-released without the bugs, or a new firmware made available fixing these problems, and giving us lots more to play with ?

Thanks
Trusted Contributor
Robin Bruhjell
Message 2 of 5 (123 Views)

Re: Firmware v5.0 problems

Danny,

5.01.X firmware should be posted within the next week or so. I have tested this firmware and it does resolve the issues with LanFax.

If you call into tech support we can e-mail that upgrade to you now.

Robin
Occasional Contributor
Danny OConnor
Message 3 of 5 (123 Views)

Just spoke to UK Tech Support who are still testing it and won't release it yet
Frequent Advisor
SteveBxxx
Message 4 of 5 (123 Views)

I just had the exact same problem from HP UK support.

I found their attitude very unhelpful, especially since I pointed out that I was only going to put it on a test machine anyway, so I wasn't about to scream at them if it didn't work. I really wanted to test it over the weekend and take it to Germany with me next week if it looks OK.

- Steve
Occasional Contributor
Danny OConnor
Message 5 of 5 (123 Views)

Maybe some helpful person from the States could post it here for us ? - my machine has only just gone out of the 'shop floor' and is therefore in testing as well
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.