Digital Sender 9200c (2 Scanners, Different Locations, Same problem) (562 Views)
Occasional Visitor
JDesignSolution
Message 1 of 7 (562 Views)

Digital Sender 9200c (2 Scanners, Different Locations, Same problem)

We have two Digital Sender 9200c's one at both of our business locations. They do not seem to send files anymore that are larger than a certain size, especially under color. They both route through different emails. It still can scan color, I was able to scan one page successfully. Otherwise, for multiple pages of color it sends the email to the designee but there is no attachment. This is becoming extremely troublesome! Does anyone have any ideas???

Honored Contributor
David_Schwartzs
Message 2 of 7 (547 Views)

Re: Digital Sender 9200c (2 Scanners, Different Locations, Same problem)

Is it possible your e-mail server is the culprit?

You may have restrictions on either/both the size of files that can be sent through your delivery server and/or the size of files that can be received into the inbox of the receiving user on the receiving server, and depending on how the servers are setup, the message may be delivered with the attachment simply stripped.
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein
IT Channel Sales Expert / Solutions Architect

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
Occasional Visitor
JDesignSolution
Message 3 of 7 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]

David,

Really appreciate the reply but am not sure how this would be the case.

1.) Was able to scan succesfully until recently

2.) Am able to scan large files of black and white that are larger file sizes than the color documents that I want to scan

Also once again this is at two different locations. We use different gmail accounts for each digital sender, so am clueless to how this happened all of a sudden.

Let me know what you think

Thanks,

M. Jexel

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 4 of 7 (524 Views)

Re: Digital Sender 9200c (2 Scanners, different locations, same problem)

>Is it possible your e-mail server is the culprit?

Yes, I helped someone with that problem.  It had no problems mailing to me.

Unfortunately the error message was send back to the bogus MFP sender address and went nowhere.  When I configured the From setting to me, I saw the "too big" message.

Honored Contributor
David_Schwartzs
Message 5 of 7 (520 Views)

Do you have the latest firmware upgrade installed on the Digital Sender? In each iteration of firmware, HP has made improvements to network & email sending functionalities to correct issues. It's possible firmware upgrade might help.

Current firmware:
http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=428009&spf...
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein
IT Channel Sales Expert / Solutions Architect

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
Occasional Visitor
JDesignSolution
Message 6 of 7 (501 Views)

We are able to scan large black and white files 5mb-10mb. Recently I was able to scan a single page of color by itself, however when I tried to scan more than one page I do not receive any attachment. Firmware is up-to-date. Note once again this is happening on both of our scanners, different locations, different servers.

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 7 of 7 (489 Views)

Have you tried to send the same file to a folder as lets say a pdf and does it send it ok and you can open the pdf. If it does, then take that same file and attach it to an email from your computer and see if it is received by the sender. This will eliminate the mail server as the issue.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.