DSS 5.01 workflow: scan settings not adhered (237 Views)
Occasional Collector
robidan
Message 1 of 3 (237 Views)

DSS 5.01 workflow: scan settings not adhered

Recently upgraded to DSS 5.01 and was looking forward to use the workflow features.

Here's the issue I encountered: When creating a workflow and choosing "Duplex" for Original Sides on Scan Settings, it will still scan simplex. Yes, I can change to duplex on the device before the scan starts, but that's not what I want. All other settings I make for the workflow (orientation, contrast, etc.) work just fine, but not the duplex selection. 

Anyone else seen this?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
robidan
Message 2 of 3 (173 Views)

Re: DSS 5.01 workflow: scan settings not working

Bump. Just updated to 5.01.03 and it's still not working.

When creating a workflow where I specify to scan duplex, it still scans simplex. Manually changing to duplex on the device panel before hitting the start button works ok.

Same for other settings such as landscape/portrait etc.

Is this because I'm using a rather old LJ9040 mfp for scanning?

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Soups_on
Message 3 of 3 (134 Views)

Re: DSS 5.01 workflow: scan settings not working

Robidan -

Yes, this is an issue with the older devices.  HP has addressed this with the newer FutureSmart devices and it works properly.  HP is also working to improve the Workflow User Interface to indicate this limitation.

Another option is to open the device in the Config Util, go to the Preferences tab, and then set that device to use duplex as the default for all scan jobs. This way you won't have to change it for each job.

Hope this help,

I work for HP. The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation