DSS 4.25 and LAN Fax - Confirmation to the user (663 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Horizont
Message 1 of 3 (663 Views)

DSS 4.25 and LAN Fax - Confirmation to the user

With the new version 4.25 (installed last week) we lost the possibility to route a sending confirmation of faxes to the user. 

It's no longer possible to change the variable UserName HP_SCANNER-GUEST using the address book.

In the past the software changed the parameter to UserName HP_SCANNER-UWEINREICH if I choosed depending on the entires in the HP address book manager (4.12.2).

Older MFPs (M3035) have access to the address book, the new one (M525) can not access it.

Is it a bug in the DSS software or do we need other updates?

Occasional Contributor
Bataller Joaquin
Message 2 of 3 (425 Views)

Re: DSS 4.25 and LAN Fax - Confirmation to the user

This function worked in 4.8, then disappeared when on version 4.13 and all the supperior release.

This function is very convenient to use the FAX Lan attributed to a person without authentication.
version 4.8, the receiving mail address was accused FAX resume Mail field of the email tab.

my old request :

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Digital-Senders/DSS-4-13-4-and-Internet-Fax/m-p/4299343/highlight/true#...

It would be perfect this feature to be available again.

I can not spend my 187 MFP in LAN Fax because of this missing feature, so they remain in RTC.

Joaquin

HP Pro
Soups_on
Message 3 of 3 (401 Views)

Re: DSS 4.25 and LAN Fax - Confirmation to the user

Horizont -

I think there is hope on the horizon...   There is a new release of the FutureSmart firmware (for the newer devices) slated for the Nov-Dec timeframe that should address some of the LAN Fax notification.  This will probably require a newer release of the DSS 4.25.xx software as well.

One other thing to check is this -

OZ devices ask DSS for address information and DSS gets it from the database. FutureSmart devices access the database directly to get address book information. FS devices access the database via port 5213. Check to see if this port is blocked on the DSS server preventing FS device access to addresses.

Hope this helps,

I work for HP. The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post if this helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.