Re: Authentication problem on Win7Pro w/DSS 4.91.21, HP9200C (329 Views)
Collector
PDXguy
Message 1 of 2 (334 Views)

Authentication problem on Win7Pro w/DSS 4.91.21, HP9200C

My client wants to run his HP9200C scanner on a simple network with only a Win7Pro box, an XP Pro box, a couple of peripherals, and a 1.5mb DSL connection.

I have it configured to email successfully now but they really want to scan to folders.  However, the shared folders show up in the folder box slightly "darkened" as if they're not all there, and in fact, attempts to use them result in the "currently not available" error message.

I have configured DSS with the user's correct username and Win7 password, but as there is no domain controller on the network, there is no domain name I can use, so instead the domain field contains their workgroup name.  I'm sure this is incorrect, and that this is the reason for the failure to have access to the folders, but I can't figure out how else to do this.  Any tips, or is this doomed from the start?

Occasional Visitor
lopejesu
Message 2 of 2 (329 Views)

Re: Authentication problem on Win7Pro w/DSS 4.91.21, HP9200C

Hi,

I think that you can use IP Address instead of domain name or group.

Regards,

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.