Re: 9250C RFU Update? (1539 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Oren Hanner
Message 1 of 2 (1,539 Views)

9250C RFU Update?

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone !
We recently had our 9250C go down. It gave us the error of *Inflate Failure*...etc, then the udate RFU by USB DEV PORT. Here is what I have done. I plugged it into my laptop thru USB, follwed the directions of how to tranfer thru the USB and got nothing. Any ideas? I noticed when I plugged it into my USB that it was trying to install a driver. Where is this driver at? I couldn't find it anywhere. I think that is the reason I keep getting the bad path or filename error and can't find file. I did change the name of the file and tried this copy /b file.rfu\computername\9250C. Now I did use the actual computer name, as well as the file name. I did leave the 9250C like that, I believe that is correct. Any ideas on why it won;t take the update? Are the drivers for it necessary and where can I get them. I have the rfu, but don;t seem to ee able to locate any drivers.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Digital Printing Press to Digital Senders - HP Forums Moderator

Esteemed Contributor
frprinterwiz
Message 2 of 2 (1,539 Views)

Re: 9250C RFU Update?

The driver installation is what gives the 9250c a shared name. The trick is to use the included driver for the HP laserjet 4000 series printer. Plug the USB cable in and install it as the printer (no test page). Then you can share it out and give the unit a share name. Then you can complete the USB upgrade.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.