9200 Email Gateway rejection due to addressing location (2549 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Joel Sketers
Message 1 of 8 (2,549 Views)

9200 Email Gateway rejection due to addressing location

For the last two (2) days I have been getting an error message "E-mail Gateway rejected the job because of the addressing information." However, every email address tried is correct. I have gone back thru the MFP configuration and test any and every thing that can be test with "NOT ONE FAILURE". Does anyone have a idea or solution to this?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Daniel Leblanc
Message 2 of 8 (2,524 Views)

Re: 9200 Email Gateway rejection due to addressing location

One or more of the e-mail addresses is incorrect.
Double check the e-mail addresses and send the job again.

Dan
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Joel Sketers
Message 3 of 8 (2,524 Views)

Thanks but I performed a test of sending a email to my self and still got the error. So that is the symptom and not the problem.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mawi2k
Message 4 of 8 (2,524 Views)

This is old, but the answer was incomplete. To clarify for future confused folk:
The SMTP addressing is what is giving you this error. Make sure of the following:
1. The SMTP server is correct
2. The user credentials have appropriate access.
3. The user credentials are entered as @mysite.com (or .net, etc)
4. The password entered is correct (watch for cap-lock, etc.)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Joel Sketers
Message 5 of 8 (2,524 Views)

Thanks for the reply. While it took me a while to figure it out, your information is spot on. I've copied your answer to my Error/Answer manual for future use. Again Thanks...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Ericka Corella
Message 6 of 8 (2,524 Views)

I have the HP Laserjet 4101 mfp and am getting the same message after it had been working just fine...not sure what happened. I do not know where to go to view/change the SMTP server, can someone please guide me?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
afrocentric
Message 7 of 8 (1,751 Views)

im getting the same problem. i have a HpDigital Sender 9250c. Also can you tell me why, on my touchscreen console i dont have the option to send to folder..All this happened after a firmware upgrade and a machne reset.

Please email responses to afrocentric9@gmail.com

Its quite urgent. ive lost all funtionality of the scanner have been unable to get help anywhere

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 8 of 8 (1,740 Views)

Sounds to me like with the reset whichever one you did you wiped out all the information needed to do what you what to do. You will need to setup the unit again. Best method is to use the ip address of the unit and type it into your web browser which will bring up the web interface. From there you can setup the send to folder again. If the ip address of the unit is not on the display go to the information menu and display the config page and arrow down until you get to the network settings.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation