9100c, LDAP authenication with exchange 5.5 (93 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Peter Cheung
Message 1 of 2 (93 Views)

9100c, LDAP authenication with exchange 5.5

I wanted to use ldap authenication with exchange 5.5. Without authenication and logged on as guest, I was able to search the Exchange's GAL via LDAP to find my e-mail address within it.

However, when I wanted to configure login via domain name and id, it wasn't able to search the username via LDAP. It gave me an error message 'LDAP search failed to confirm use [username.] Contact the Administrator.'

I have upgraded the firmware to v5.0 and I tried several things in the authenication settings in the Digital Sender but it have the same message. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks.
Trusted Contributor
Robin Bruhjell
Message 2 of 2 (93 Views)

Re: 9100c, LDAP authenication with exchange 5.5

Peter,

In order to use NT authentication you must first setup IIS or some other web server then configure the Digital Sender with that information via the web access tool port 4242. If everything is configured properly you should be able to use your NT username and password to logon to the Digital Sender. There are some public documents that will help to configure this option.

Robin
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.