05-25-2011 12:08 PM
Is it possible in SmartStream Designer 5.1, Indesign CS5, to attach two databases? For example, I have one database with mailing recipients and each of them have a code associated with them that applies a logo, address, phone number, etc. with that code.
Can I reference that code on sheet and pull the address, phone number, from another database that matches.
One sheet contains a record:
CODE1, John Doe, 1234 Somewhere St., Somewhere, CA, 90804
CODE1 on the other sheet contains all the return address info... (it's like a key)
Thank you for any assistance.
04-22-2013 10:42 PM
You can do that with Smart Stream Designer for CS6, with the Dynamic Text – Lookup Table feature
• This option coverts data from a specific database column by looking at an external table for its converted value. The provided sample converts airport codes to full names.
1. Define a Text channel
2. In the Data Fields palette, click the New Field icon.
3. In the New Field Setting window:
• In the Type drop-down list, select Dynamic Text.
• In the Application drop-down list, select Lookup Table.
• Note: The Airport codes lookup table sample is provided with HP SmartStream Designer. Other lookup table cans be used according to user and job requirements.
Click Settings. In the Dynamic Personalization Settings window, the “Airport Codes.txt” template is selected by default.
5. In the Mapping pane, map Key and Column to the relevant fields in the database:
• Airport Codes.txt sample
• Text channel with the Lookup Table assigned