Intelligent Mail barcode font (1796 Views)
Occasional Visitor
NotAnHpTech
Message 1 of 4 (1,796 Views)

Intelligent Mail barcode font

i need jlt font of USPSIMBStandard.ttf that been pre rip.

because USPSIMBStandard.ttf fails by the rip when i come down to the press.

please send me the .jlt font if you have.

my email: paulsoft AT gmail dot com

Thank,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ANNIE
Message 2 of 4 (1,785 Views)

Re: Intelligent Mail barcode font

Hi, Can you specify your model name/number?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
NotAnHpTech
Message 3 of 4 (1,749 Views)

Hi,

you mean press model?

HP Indigo 3050 Digital Press

the jlt font different on each model?

Thank,

Paul

Please use plain text.
ag
Occasional Visitor
ag
Message 4 of 4 (662 Views)

The Intelligent Mail barcode (IMb) requires an encoder to convert the mail info digits into a 65-character string representing the bars of the IMb.

A new script for generating Intelligent Mail Barcode (IMB) encoded strings, using the US Postal Service encoder is available at a new DSCOOP Pre-Press Workflow Automation and Scripts Forum(Commercial technical community) 

The IMb encoded feature is not included in SmartStream Designer, but Designer enables to extend functionality as this.

EXAMPLE: Service Type ID of 270 (First-Class Mail, Intelligent Mail Full-Service option, with Confirm  service, no address correction), Mailer ID 123456, uniquely identified by Serial Number 200800001, going to ZIP Code 98765-4321(01), is encoded to 31 digits like this: 0027012345620080000198765432101.

Using SmartStream Designer’s Script-Runner, with the IMb Encoder script, together with the USPS intelligent encoder and font, you can create a scannable IM barcode from a 31 digit string. The IMb encoder script is accepting the 31 digits, and outputting the 65 characters, that looks like this:

TTFAFDADTFFFADTAFAFTTDATDFAAFTDAFDFDFDATFDFTDDDDFADFFDADDTDDTTDAT

In this encoded string, T=Tracker, F=Full Bar, A=Ascender, D=Descender.

When these 4 characters are printed using the USPSIMBStandard font, the result is a scannable IMb.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation