Re: Intelligent Mail barcode font (996 Views)
Occasional Visitor
NotAnHpTech
Message 1 of 4 (2,130 Views)

Intelligent Mail barcode font

i need jlt font of USPSIMBStandard.ttf that been pre rip.

because USPSIMBStandard.ttf fails by the rip when i come down to the press.

please send me the .jlt font if you have.

my email: paulsoft AT gmail dot com

Thank,

Paul

Trusted Contributor
ANNIE
Message 2 of 4 (2,119 Views)

Re: Intelligent Mail barcode font

Hi, Can you specify your model name/number?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Occasional Visitor
NotAnHpTech
Message 3 of 4 (2,083 Views)

Hi,

you mean press model?

HP Indigo 3050 Digital Press

the jlt font different on each model?

Thank,

Paul

ag
Occasional Visitor
ag
Message 4 of 4 (996 Views)

The Intelligent Mail barcode (IMb) requires an encoder to convert the mail info digits into a 65-character string representing the bars of the IMb.

A new script for generating Intelligent Mail Barcode (IMB) encoded strings, using the US Postal Service encoder is available at a new DSCOOP Pre-Press Workflow Automation and Scripts Forum(Commercial technical community) 

The IMb encoded feature is not included in SmartStream Designer, but Designer enables to extend functionality as this.

EXAMPLE: Service Type ID of 270 (First-Class Mail, Intelligent Mail Full-Service option, with Confirm  service, no address correction), Mailer ID 123456, uniquely identified by Serial Number 200800001, going to ZIP Code 98765-4321(01), is encoded to 31 digits like this: 0027012345620080000198765432101.

Using SmartStream Designer’s Script-Runner, with the IMb Encoder script, together with the USPS intelligent encoder and font, you can create a scannable IM barcode from a 31 digit string. The IMb encoder script is accepting the 31 digits, and outputting the 65 characters, that looks like this:

TTFAFDADTFFFADTAFAFTTDATDFAAFTDAFDFDFDATFDFTDDDDFADFFDADDTDDTTDAT

In this encoded string, T=Tracker, F=Full Bar, A=Ascender, D=Descender.

When these 4 characters are printed using the USPSIMBStandard font, the result is a scannable IMb.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.