Re: Indigo 7000 & 5000 - OK to turn off? (760 Views)
Occasional Visitor
EnergyMan
Message 1 of 2 (793 Views)

Indigo 7000 & 5000 - OK to turn off?

Hello,

We have a number of Indigo 7000 & 5000 Digital Presses that run through the day from about 5am to about 5pm. They are left on overnight sat in standby mode. Is it OK for me to switch them off or is there any proper reason why they need to be left switched on?

Anyone know what the standby power consumption of a 7000 is including the cooling pack?

Any help on this would be appreciated. I need to work out whther its cheaper to leave them on or whether I should switch them off.

Occasional Visitor
butch499
Message 2 of 2 (760 Views)

Re: Indigo 7000 & 5000 - OK to turn off?

[ Edited ]

There is a feature of the press that is known as 'Night Mode'. This allows the press to warm the ink tanks at a set time prior to the first cold start of the day, and can reduce Get Ready time. For this to be functional, the press must not have door bypass interlocks set (no red press status light) and the chiller circulation pump must be set to off. The press will now sleep until the designated time when the ink warming will begin.

If you do not intend to use the Night Mode feature, then it is recommended to turn the presses off when possible. Not only is energy saved, but also Windows on the press computer  is restarted which will improve it's stability. Put the chiller into standby by turning the circulation pump off (different chillers have different procedures so check the user guide supplied with yours). If the communication cable is connected to your chiller from the press this will happen automatically on shutdown.  Do not turn the chiller off completely with the main power switch, as the internal compressor  pump oil heating will also turn off, and if left for an extend period, will need 6 hours in standby to get back to the correct temperature to run the chiller again. Make sure the UPS is on and it's staus is charged or charging.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.