Re: Diagnostics capturing only partial data? (136 Views)
Advisor
19asdf
Message 1 of 8 (229 Views)
Accepted Solution

Diagnostics capturing only partial data?

Hi Experts,

I am working on Oracle EBusiness Suite application, Java agents are configured on all the application servers. My application uses navigation of both HTML & Oracle Ebusinees suite. While running the test, only the HTML part, the diagnostics was able to capture, whereas the Oracle Ebusinees suite part, I am not getting any information.

after the test run, similarly in analysis also I am able to see graphs for html navigation pages whereas the actions performed in Oracle Ebusinees suite, is not shown. 

Is there a solution for this issue

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 8 (222 Views)

Re: Diagnostics capturing only partial data?

Can you confirm Oracle EBusiness Suite creates HTTP Server requests in the App server? Otherwise there will be no data to capture.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
Advisor
19asdf
Message 3 of 8 (211 Views)

The Diagnostics is getting captured for HTML pages whereas Java applet page is not getting captured. I have attached both the pages.

After selecting required form link from the oracle navigator page, Java applet form page gets opened. The activity performed in Java applet form is not getting captured in Diagnostics.   

Is it possible to capture Java applet activity in Diagnostics?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 4 of 8 (204 Views)

Hi,

Diagnostics is not designed to do that. Applet activity runs in client side's JVM so that's why it doesn't produce Server Requests that Probe may capture.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
Advisor
19asdf
Message 5 of 8 (193 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for your response. Just one more followup...

The Oracle EBS forms are taking data back to the DB. We are able to see this DB load on the Diagnostics Collector, but the calls are not recorded by the probes.

Can the Java probes capture these calls (could be oracle native app calls)? or what else could be the cause for this?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 6 of 8 (184 Views)

Hi,

The Collector will be able to capture DB activity in back-end, but as I said Probe only captures activity produced by a Server Request in App Server so even when Applet activity triggers DB activity Probe will not capture it because is not correlated to any SR.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

Please use plain text.
Advisor
19asdf
Message 7 of 8 (170 Views)

Hi Kenneth,

Can you clarify the difference between "Offline Diagnostics" and "Online & Offline Diagnostics". Attached Diagnostics configure window.

Does the Oracle 11i Diagnostics in that picture differ from the J2EE Diagnostics configured for Oracle EBS application? 

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 8 of 8 (136 Views)

Hi,

It refers to same Oracle Collector. Offline means that mediator saves the metrics into a special file so you can use that data in LR offline analysis (when Load Test is not running), and in that screen you're telling which components to include.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation