Re: Controller offline diagnostics? (85 Views)
qz
Occasional Advisor
qz
Message 1 of 5 (144 Views)

Controller offline diagnostics?

Hi All,

Have configured Diagnostics Java agent and Diagnostics oracle Collector, now I am trying to configure them in controller.  In controller --> Diagnostics --> configuration. I see online and offline Diagnostics option below that there is j2EE/.Net diagnostics (attached picture).

when I select configure I am able to view all the instances that I have configured java as well as Oracle collector.

My question is how will I be able to get oracle collector details similarly like java. As it is J2EE/.Net option I can select the java instances and I can get offline data or details in analysis graph.

But for Oracle collector how would I be able to see the graphs offline. Is there some other option that needs to be enabled?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 5 (129 Views)

Re: Controller offline diagnostics?

I believe this only works for Probes (J2EE and .Net) not for collectors.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
qz
Occasional Advisor
qz
Message 3 of 5 (124 Views)

Hi Kenneth,

If that is the case, what is the advantage of configuring the oracle collectors with respect to Database ?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 4 of 5 (116 Views)

Hi qz,

That is to have DB performance data into Diagnostics server. Not all components necessarily integrate to LR Controller. AFAIK LR has some other Oracle/MSQL monitors of its own.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 5 of 5 (85 Views)

Researching further in LR Controller User Guide I see that regular Oracle collector from Diag should not appear in offline components, only Oralce 11i Diagnostics component:

To generate Oracle 11i Diagnostics data, you must first install the ERP/CRM Mediator. For information on installing the Mediator, refer to the HP LoadRunner Installation Guide.The Mediator is used to gather and correlate offline diagnostics data from the Oracle server. The
Mediator processes the diagnostics data, and then passes it to the Controller.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation