moving database between volumes (272 Views)
Advisor
Message 1 of 4 (272 Views)
Accepted Solution

moving database between volumes

I have a 968LX that I am trying to use dbutil to move the database files from the system volume to a specific loogical device within a member volume.

When I use the command M[OVE] Image file name TO device and specifiy a proper file name and device number, It returns an fserr 55 , unable to copy file, device not available.

IS there sonmething special that has to be done
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (272 Views)

Re: moving database between volumes

Hello Mark,

The FSERR 55 is a result of moving the database file across volume sets which is not supported. Moving database files within the same volume set should work.
King is the customer!
Esteemed Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (272 Views)

Mark,

If you have MPEX you can do a COPY command to copy the database across volume sets. Don't do it while the database is open.

If you don't have MPEX you might just have to do a STORE and a RESTORE and specify which device you want the restore done to..

Advisor
Message 4 of 4 (272 Views)

I tried to restore the database files to a different device on a different volume set by using a DEV=3 option in the restore command. The files were still restored to the system volume set. The following message was logged in the list file:

/CENTRAL/DATA/CENTDB17 COULD NOT BE GIVEN SPECIFIED VOLUME RESTRICTIONS
MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET :S 24304 PRIV 1 - 1 768 1 32
8101 8101 /CENTRAL/DATA/CENTDB17
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.