moving database between volumes (194 Views)
Advisor
Mark J. Sewhuk
Message 1 of 4 (194 Views)
Accepted Solution

moving database between volumes

I have a 968LX that I am trying to use dbutil to move the database files from the system volume to a specific loogical device within a member volume.

When I use the command M[OVE] Image file name TO device and specifiy a proper file name and device number, It returns an fserr 55 , unable to copy file, device not available.

IS there sonmething special that has to be done
Honored Contributor
Kwan Fong, Emile
Message 2 of 4 (194 Views)

Re: moving database between volumes

Hello Mark,

The FSERR 55 is a result of moving the database file across volume sets which is not supported. Moving database files within the same volume set should work.
King is the customer!
Esteemed Contributor
Dan Clifford
Message 3 of 4 (194 Views)

Mark,

If you have MPEX you can do a COPY command to copy the database across volume sets. Don't do it while the database is open.

If you don't have MPEX you might just have to do a STORE and a RESTORE and specify which device you want the restore done to..

Advisor
Mark J. Sewhuk
Message 4 of 4 (194 Views)

I tried to restore the database files to a different device on a different volume set by using a DEV=3 option in the restore command. The files were still restored to the system volume set. The following message was logged in the list file:

/CENTRAL/DATA/CENTDB17 COULD NOT BE GIVEN SPECIFIED VOLUME RESTRICTIONS
MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET :S 24304 PRIV 1 - 1 768 1 32
8101 8101 /CENTRAL/DATA/CENTDB17
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.