re: move tape from mail slot to library. (451 Views)
Regular Advisor
Jacques Carriere
Message 1 of 6 (451 Views)

re: move tape from mail slot to library.

The omnimm -eject tapes moves a tape to a mail slot. What is the best command to use to move the tape back to the library? uma?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
OldSchool
Message 2 of 6 (451 Views)

Re: re: move tape from mail slot to library.

see:

omnimm -enter

or

omnimm -enter

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Jacques Carriere
Message 3 of 6 (451 Views)

omnimm -eject picks the 1st tape in the mail slot and so on. Is there a way to pick from a specific mail slot? I have an ESL712e tape library with 16 mail slots and I would like to move tapes from a specific mail slot.

Jacques
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
OldSchool
Message 4 of 6 (451 Views)

I don't believe so...it starts w/ mailslot 1 and uses them serially until the requested destination slots are filled. which is kind of a shame, as it *would* be nice to be able to say "put this tape there".

short of uma, some libraries have a webpage that provide the service you seem to want, but would need to be followed by a barcode_scan operation (plus it doesn't allow you to script things if that's where you were headed).
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Jacques Carriere
Message 5 of 6 (451 Views)

Thanks very much for helping me on this. You are very right it would ne nice to be able to select the mail slot to manipulate tapes.

As a workaround, I use the uma command to reloads the tapes to their respective pools. The location field is the field that I use to identify the slot positon using the omnimm -list_pool xxxxx|grep (search string) | cut -c 53-55 for the slot position.

thanks for all your help,

Jacques
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Jacques Carriere
Message 6 of 6 (451 Views)

thanks
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation