Re: how can i schedule a backup verify in Omniback II 3.1 (159 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Mario Umaña
Message 1 of 3 (159 Views)
Accepted Solution

how can i schedule a backup verify in Omniback II 3.1

I`m working with Omniback II v3.1 but i cat schedule a tape verify, i just cat make it manual, also, how can i know if the data in the tape is consistent after a backup.
Please if some body can help me i will apreciate very much.

thanks.
Is the world a better place to live thet the internet?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Brian M. Fisher
Message 2 of 3 (159 Views)

Re: how can i schedule a backup verify in Omniback II 3.1

If the backup is run with the -crc option, omnimver can be used to verify the contents of the medium. It can be scheduled via cron or even possibly as a post exec.

man omnimver
omnimver -help

Brian
<*(((>< er
Perception IS Reality
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Jim Mulshine
Message 3 of 3 (159 Views)

Re: how can i schedule a backup verify in Omniback II 3.1

Another way to verify the consistency of the data written to your backup tape is to do a restore. I have a critical database which gets restored to another disk area by a script called by the backups post_exec. The script uses the omnir command and reads from the tapes where the backup was recently written. It then starts up a new instance of the database and then connects to it. It all works quite well. I can't think of a better way to do an automatic verification. I would guess that it probably takes about the same amount of time as running an omnimver verification. A disadvantage is that it requires alot of extra disk space for the restored copy of the data.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation