Re: dp restore to different server (102 Views)
Honored Contributor
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Message 1 of 5 (152 Views)

dp restore to different server

[ Edited ]

is it possible ,if yes how ?

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP-UX > System Administration to Data Protector Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Bob_Clark
Message 2 of 5 (112 Views)

Re: dp restore to different server

Yes, this is certainly possible.  When doing a REstore, and after picking what it is you want to Restore, on the 2nd page there is a field for Target system.  You must have a Disk Agent component installed on this system

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Message 3 of 5 (102 Views)

When I use restore (by the object not from session due to online backup) I can see only the original client when I click on Target system I cannot see the client fro different server, so I try to add client to my DP. installation failed and I got the error "The distribution of Data Protector subproducts to this system failed because
it is already part of another cell. A client system can belong to only one cell. "

in my question I did a a backup from a server in same cell of course and want to restore to different server in another cell ??
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Bob_Clark
Message 4 of 5 (82 Views)

You would have to take the physical media to your new cell, import it, then do the restore

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Shishir Misra
Message 5 of 5 (55 Views)

An alternate option could be to map a network share from the intended target to the system that is already a part of your current cell, and to restore data to that share.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation