backup will not start because there are no cell manager license avalible (336 Views)
Advisor
amir_sh
Message 1 of 4 (336 Views)

backup will not start because there are no cell manager license avalible

hi

i have problem when migrade hp data protector from 7.00 to 8.00 upgrade successfully. but my problem when want start backup  show backup will not start because there are no cell manager license avalible.

installation status:

idb export ok..

global option file upgrade...

notification file data upgrade.

idb account add data base ok....

install server ok...

config cell server xxxx is ok all services successfully started.

but i have problem

tnks

Honored Contributor
Eblyn Solis
Message 2 of 4 (308 Views)

Re: backup will not start because there are no cell manager license avalible

hi,

You can try manually add licenses, open lic.dat file located in C: \ ProgramData \ OmniBack \ Config \ Server \ cell
There find codes tuck your licenses, add one by one  from the GUI:
In Clients right click  on Data Protector Cell and give add License and you put one to a code.

or open case with hp and request new codes.

if you update to 8,1 need to call HP.

REgards
HP Expert
Bob_Clark
Message 3 of 4 (290 Views)

Did you migrate to 8.0 or 8.10?  If 8.10, this uses a totally new licensing scheme, and you are required to obtain new licenses

If 8.0, your previous licenses should still be good.  At the command prompt, run

omnicc -password_info

and re-direct the output to a 'txt' file.  If you prefer not to have your password file exposed for all to see, you can send it to me directly using Forum Private Message, or send it to my e-mai;

r.clark@hp.com

LSW
Mark-HPSW
Message 4 of 4 (246 Views)

Hi Amir,

Yes, Bob is correct.  If you are migrating beyond 8.0, it would be necessary to obtain new licensing.  If you do need assistance in obtaining new licenses, I am happy help connect you to the correct team here at HP.  Feel free to reach out to me directly here or call our HP Software team at 1-877-686-9637.

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.