05-04-2012 12:11 AM
I am not able add client(Installation server) in our windows cell manager. It showing below error.
“[Critical] [110:1027] Error connecting to client:
 No network provider accepted the given network path.”
- Telnet possible from Client(HPUX) to Cell Manager(WIN-2003), but not from CM to Client.
- Ping output running ok on both side.
- Unable to install the patches on Client (installation server) Error Message is as below
[rudmsprd]# swinstall -x autoreboot=true -x patch_match_target=true -s /tmp/PHSS_42699.depot
======= 05/04/12 12:25:09 IST BEGIN swinstall SESSION
* Session started for user "root@rudmsprd".
* Beginning Selection
* Target connection succeeded for "rudmsprd:/".
NOTE: The patch match operation did not select patches for software
on target host "rudmsprd". Patches in the source depot might
already be on the target, or might be superseded by patches on
the target, or might not apply to software on the target.
NOTE: Cannot continue the "swinstall" task.
======= 05/04/12 12:25:11 IST END swinstall SESSION (non-interactive)
Details are as below
Cell Manager - Windows 2003 x64 bit | HP-DP 6.11
Installation Server - HP-UX 11.31 | DB2 Database | SAP R/3
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-04-2012 01:08 AM
Can you check telnet localhost 5555 on HP-UX client? If this is working, bastille might be up and running on the client.
05-04-2012 03:26 AM
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
05-04-2012 04:22 AM
1. You need to install the installation server as mentioned in the installation and licensing guide using ./omnisetup.sh -IS from the LOCAL_INSTALL directory on the HP-UX media
2. Test telnet again and try import
3. If everything is alright, apply the patches to the IS and check in GUI if they show up
05-04-2012 05:30 AM
Thanks for your reply.
i am not able to find omnisetup.sh on local machine. Apart from installation cd, anyother way to get omnisetup.sh file to
execute ./omnisetup.sh -IS
05-04-2012 05:58 AM
No, you need the media kit, to get the installation server up and running. If you have no UNIX IS available, no agent can be deployed without the media kit as well. You can download the mediakit on http://support.openview.hp.com with a valid support contract (SAID) linked to your account.
05-05-2012 03:03 AM
Thanks for your update.
i have execute ./omnisetup.sh -IS and latest patches in HP-UX server. But now in HP-Dp showing below error
From: INET@rudmsprd "" Time: 5/5/2012 2:46:38 PM
[70:5] Cannot execute '/opt/omni/lbin/sapdbbar.exe' (No such file or directory) => aborting
Please send me the proc.to assing points to you. i am new for this itrc new version.
05-05-2012 06:20 AM
The error message you see, does this happen during a backup session? If yes, you should now push the disk agent and required online integration modules (maybe SAPR3 in your case) to the instlalation server. We've just setup the IS, no regular client system.