Re: When i take MaxDB database backup through Data Protector 6.20 disk status shows 100% busy. (377 Views)
Advisor
NarendraUttekar
Message 1 of 3 (400 Views)

When i take MaxDB database backup through Data Protector 6.20 disk status shows 100% busy.

Hi,

When i take 1.2TB of MaxDB database backup through Data Protector 6.20 disk status always shows 100% busy. But on other same configuration BL860c i2 server with same backup size i.e. 1.2TB of MaxDB database disk status shows 40-45% busy but not 100%. Both servers have same OS HP-UX 11.31and patches.

Please can someone let me know what could be the problem.

Thanks,

Narendra

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Sebastian.Koehler
Message 2 of 3 (393 Views)

Re: When i take MaxDB database backup through Data Protector 6.20 disk status shows 100% busy.

Could you please try to perform a backup through MaxDB directly to a NFS share and observer disk activity. I don't think this issue is related to Data Protector itself. This would be a good cross check for you.

Regards,

Sebastian

---
Assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
NarendraUttekar
Message 3 of 3 (377 Views)

Re: When i take MaxDB database backup through Data Protector 6.20 disk status shows 100% busy.

Hi Sebastian,

I will try to perform a backup through MaxDB directly.

But as i said there is no problem from other server with same backup size that's why i am wondering there could be some kernel parameters or DP settings?

Thanks,

Narendra

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation