Re: View Backup Speed DP 8.1 (245 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Ratatouille
Message 1 of 6 (335 Views)
Accepted Solution

View Backup Speed DP 8.1

I want to view the speed of the backup for a session and also for the different Disk Agent processes that have started. The only things I see in the session details are the status, type, client system, source, device, size, "done" size, the "done" percent, errors, warning, and description. If I click on "Current Sessions" folder in the left pane, I see "status", "type", "owner", "session ID", "Start time", and "specification".

I want to be able to see the throughput/speed for a session. How do I view that?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Bob_Clark
Message 2 of 6 (306 Views)

Re: View Backup Speed DP 8.1

In the Backup specification, go to the Options tab, click the Advanced button next to File System Options, pick the Other tab, and enable 'Display Statistical Info'

Click OK and Apply, subsequent backups will display this information

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
WalamusPrime
Message 3 of 6 (255 Views)

Enabling Statistical Info doesn't seem to show throughput/speed in 8.0

Is this new in 8.1?
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Bob_Clark
Message 4 of 6 (249 Views)

Nope, this option has been around forever

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
André Beck
Message 5 of 6 (245 Views)

WalamusPrime wrote:
Enabling Statistical Info doesn't seem to show throughput/speed in 8.0
Is this new in 8.1?

Well it does. As a statistic. In the log. When the backup is done.

I think you and Bob talk about different things. You (and almost everybody else who knows this feature from other products) want an instantaneous display of current throughput in the monitoring GUI. There is none, and for some unknown reason it wasn't added over the years of people asking this questions. It goes so far as to external developers providing their own solutions (cf OmniSpeed). Dunno if that still works with 8.x though. As a long time DP user, you usually learn to "feel" the throughput from just the numbers running up in monitoring, but it's not the same as a nice "22MB/s" label that instantly tells you you're underfeeding your LTO5 and should do something about it.

HTH,

Andre.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Ratatouille
Message 6 of 6 (239 Views)

Well it does. As a statistic. In the log. When the backup is done.

Thanks Andre.

Even this is a pain to look up when you have a backup job running for 6 days. This software has been a pain so far and so has its support.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation