06-01-2010 10:44 PM
I am planning to upgrade the data protector 5.5 to 6.0 on HP-UX 11iV1.
Please let me know from where i can download the data protector 6.0 software?
And aslo i have some question regarding upgrading the DP 5.5 to 6.0 is the upgradation is simpler..in terms of existing settings of DP 5.5 like backup specification and others. Is everthing remains same in terms of exciting settings of DP 5.5 once upgraded to 6.0. Or else i have to do any changes once upgraded to DP 6.0?
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-01-2010 11:06 PM
i would recomend to ask in this section of the forum :
Management software and system tools ==>Data Protector
06-02-2010 01:25 AM
I also had an issue with the free pool where it seemed to loose its connection with it. This was easily fixed at the time.
Regarding getting a copy of DP 6.0 you will need a support contract to get it it and you can request a CD/DVD Version from HP or download from the link here on ITRC (Download drivers, software and firmware).
06-02-2010 10:08 PM
If you are planning to upgrade, I strongly recommend 6.11.
IT is very simple to upgrade from DP 5.5 to 6.11
1. Download DP 6.11 from: http://www.hp.com/go/DataProtector (Trial Software)
2. Stop DP Services (Not necessary but recommended)
3. Run the installer on the system to be upgraded.
4. Follow the Upgrade wizard and let it complete
5. Reboot (if asked)
6. Check for released patches and install them.
1. Always perform a Full Backup
2. It is free upgrade, but you will want to have a valid support contract with HP if something goes wrong.
3. There is no downgrade path, If something goes wrong (very unlikely) it will be necessary to uninstall it and install DP5.X
4. It is always worthy to read the DP compatibility Matrix, some very early OS may not be supported any more (unlikely)
5. Assign points
06-02-2010 10:43 PM
I have 2 questions...
1. The DP 6.11 is latest on ...it could be possible that it could have some bugs. That's why i planned for DP 6.0 ? Please let me know whether DP 6.11 will be compatible on HP-UX 11i V1 and aslo the DP 6.11 doesn't have any bugs.
2. How i will come to know which Patches to be installed before upgrading/installing DP 6.0 / DP 6.11 on HP-UX 11i V1?
06-02-2010 11:11 PM
DP 6.11 is actually a 'minor-minor' release, meaning that it is a consolidation of all previous patches for version 6.10 (not 6.0)
DP 6.10/6.11 has been carefully revised for "bugs" and compatibility, however I can guarantee something, if you get an issue (or bug) in DP 6.0, HP support will tell you to upgrade to 6.11 before anything else.
Regarding HP-UX 11i compatibility, DA and MA are supported, CM only in PA-RISC (Not in Itanium)
just check all support matrix for integrations, devices, ZDB, etc compatibilities.
You can download latest patches from:
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/patches depending on your environment.