Re: Unable to see Cell manager in GUI - Client servers in the place of cell manager (296 Views)
Advisor
PrasanthVA
Message 1 of 3 (338 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to see Cell manager in GUI - Client servers in the place of cell manager

Hi Guys,

We have   hpux cell manager & a few client servers.

In data protector GUI i am able to see somthing very funny today. Instead of actual cell manager (which is a hp-ux server), the GUI is showing  two windows client servers as cell manager. kindly see attached sceen shot. one windows client is configured as  installation server.

Cell manager :-

Host name:- t24test

DP-6.21

Clients:-

192.168.x.x

OS windows 2008 & 2003

DP-6.21

I have tried to remove these missbehaving clients from Cell_info files & cell managers file conf file.

restarted the onmi services. all services started successfully. Still the GUI was not showing actual cell manager , which t24test.   !!!!  i have attached the screen shot for this also.

Any idea .. what can be wrong in this...

Regards

Prasanth

Honored Contributor
Eblyn Solis
Message 2 of 3 (296 Views)

Re: Unable to see Cell manager in GUI - Client servers in the place of cell manager

Hi,

I have seen this problem,
-I see that you connect to CM by IP(192.168.0.11), should be by the name, I think you have a name resolution problem on your network.
Try this:
In hosts file on the CM put the IP hostname that windows machine that you connect the GUI and do the same on the machine that you use the GUI gets in the hosts file the IP and name of CM.
After that close the GUI and connect but use the name of CM, not the IP.

If everything looks good , resulcion name is the problem, so you can leave or fix your DNS.

Regards

Advisor
PrasanthVA
Message 3 of 3 (267 Views)

Re: Unable to see Cell manager in GUI - Client servers in the place of cell manager

Hi Eblyn,

Thanks a ton .. it is magical answer .

it  is showing correct cell manager now ...

Regards

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.