The VBDA reached its inactivity timeout of 7200 seconds. The agent on host will be shutdown. (1472 Views)
Occasional Contributor
dougtl
Message 1 of 5 (1,472 Views)

The VBDA reached its inactivity timeout of 7200 seconds. The agent on host will be shutdown.

Hi,

I have an environment with Data Protector 7 Cell Manager installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 and agents installed on Novell Netware 6.5. The servers are communicating perfectly (ping) and were successfully imported in the Cell Manager.
I configured a job to backup some volumes of Netware servers. 

Backups begin, however after a few hours of backup, in a given volume I get the following error message:
[61:1002] The VBDA named "VOLUME:" on host *
Reached its inactivity timeout of 7200 seconds.
The agent on host will be shutdown.

What should be done? Should I increase the timeout?

Thank you.

Honored Contributor
danielbraun
Message 2 of 5 (1,445 Views)

Re: The VBDA reached its inactivity timeout of 7200 seconds. The agent on host will be shutdown.

Hi,

can you please post the complete session output. Are you able to attach the debug.log foun in SYS: volume?

Best regards

Daniel

-----------
Please assign Kudos - How to assign...
Occasional Contributor
dougtl
Message 3 of 5 (1,416 Views)

Re: The VBDA reached its inactivity timeout of 7200 seconds. The agent on host will be shutdown.

Description

The agent that works with the Session Manager has been inactive
for over than the global Session Manager timeout period. The Session Manager
shut the agent down.

Honored Contributor
danielbraun
Message 4 of 5 (1,405 Views)

Hi,

unfortunately in the debug.log the IPC exit is logged only - no other information. So the standard questions will be: is it reproducable? Does the error occur nearly the same time every time you do the backup? Have you disabled the treewalk? How does your omnirc look like on the Cell Server / Media Agent?

Best regards

Daniel

-----------
Please assign Kudos - How to assign...
Occasional Contributor
dougtl
Message 5 of 5 (1,399 Views)

I edited the omnirc file from the cell manager and the client by adding the following lines:

OB2IPCKEEPALIVE=1
OB2IPCLINGER=1

this was the only change made to the omnirc file

thanks.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.