02-11-2014 11:52 AM
I am attempting to restore a VMDK to a local drive to mount and get a file from it. I get the following error about 40-50GB into the restore:
From: RSM@<name>.com "" Time: 2/11/2014 1:25:44 PM
61:3003] Lost connection to OB2BAR restore DA named ""
on host <name>.com.
Ipc subsystem reports: "IPC Read Error
System error:  Connection reset by peer
I am running DP 7.03 on Server 2008R2. I have restored VMs in the past, but no VMDKs this big. I suspect I may need to adjust something in the omnirc file?
Any insights would be appreciated.
02-11-2014 02:17 PM
"Connection reset by Peer" usually indicate a network disconnect, or it may be the result of a pevious error. if it is an error seemingly associated with any other type of event, you may want to review the attached document
I would pay special attention to item # 10, to increase the TcpMaxDataRetransmissions registry parameter
This article was written back in the day of Windows NT/4, but, it is just as valid today, the one difference being, you may not have to reboot the server to make this change effective
06-12-2014 03:43 PM
I am having the same issue on DP 8.1. We have been running DP 8.0 for about 10 months and have had zero issues with our VMware Integration. We are backing up VMs from two servers directly, not via vCenter.
Yesterday I upgraded to DP 8.10 and then to DP 8.12.
I got the same System Error:  on both of the VMware Jobs that ran last night.
On the Cell Manager I see application errors when the backup fails.
Faulting application name: vepa_bar.exe, version: 188.8.131.52, time stamp: 0x536c565d
Faulting module name: MSVCP90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.6871, time stamp: 0x4fee5fda
Did you manage to resolve your issue?
06-13-2014 07:17 AM
Before I replied to this, I wanted to check lab cases to see if there has been anything similiar reported. While I did find one similiar case, it was for DP 7.03, where the problem started occurring after installing something called vCenter Orchestra. The problem persisted even after this was removed from the vCenter machine, and the vCenter machine ended up having to be rebuilt
You both need to open cases, since this appears to be a systemic problem with DP 8.1 or 8.12. You can get ahead of the inevtable request for information by gathering any entries created in the Applicatiosn Event log or System Event log at the time of the failure, and a set of crash dumps on the machine that is failing
Note: Where UserProfileName is the actual user profile name.
The easiest method to look for the user mode memory dumps is to go down to CMD (run as admin) or Powershell
dir *.*dmp /s
dir *.*dmp /s
You will probably be asked to provide debugs, but if this were my case, I would be looking for this additional information also