Result of Data Protector command omnidbcheck.exe -extended Please help me to resolve this (2088 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Anand Dubai
Message 1 of 3 (2,088 Views)

Result of Data Protector command omnidbcheck.exe -extended Please help me to resolve this

Dear Guys

I am Using Data Protector 6.0 For SAN/LAN backup. Today I checked the Intergrity o IDB with following command omnidbcheck.exe -extended and found the result as follows
------------------------------------------
Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Omniback>omnidbcheck.exe -extended
Check Level Mode Status
==================================================
Core -core OK
Filenames -filenames OK
DCBF(presence and size) -bf Corrupted: 18 major errors detected
SIBF(readability) -sibf OK
OMNIDC(consistency) -dc Corrupted: 18 major errors detected
DONE!

C:\Documents and Settings\Omniback>
----------------------------------------------

Could you somebody explain me any necessary action to be take againist above result and also help me resolve this error

Attached Result of DP version and Patch details

Regards

Anand.P
Dubai
Honored Contributor
Eblyn Solis
Message 2 of 3 (2,086 Views)

Re: Result of Data Protector command omnidbcheck.exe -extended Please help me to resolve this

Hi,

Try this steps and fix one problem at the time,
your problem is a curruption in you dcbf.

BEFORE START: Please stop any running sessions or schedule session before continue.
You can run omnistat in order to check if any session is running.
Also do at backup for you idb or minimus the /db40 folder in your idb

run #omnidbcheck -dc -detail,
From the omnidbcheck â dc -detail output, identify the Medium ID of the corrupted DC binary file.
Run the omnimm -media_info command to get other attributes of the medium, such as medium label and media pool.
Identify the DC binary file for the affected medium. These files are located at /db40/dcbf directory, and they are named: _.dat (in the MediumID, colons ":" are replaced with underscores "_").
For example:
c0a80424:429b2e72:0773:0001 looks like: c0a80424_429b2e72_0773_0001.dat

4. Removed the corrupted DC binary files. Sometimes the files don´t exist, this is normal.

5. Run the #omnidbutil â remap_dcdir
6. Run the #omnidbutil -fixmpos command to establish consistency between media positions (mpos) and binary files.
7. Run the omnidbutil â remap_dcdir again.
8. Import the catalog from the media to recreate the binary files according to the Omniback Administrator's Guide.
When finish please run:
Omnidbcheck â quick to check the status of the IDB.

Everything with the dc are fine now

Please run omnidbcheck -dc -detail.

And run omnidbcheck -extended and see if have more errors and post the output.

Also I see that you don't assing points at yuor questions, be friendly with the people who answer and help you , assing point.

Regards

Frequent Advisor
Anand Dubai
Message 3 of 3 (2,087 Views)

Re: Result of Data Protector command omnidbcheck.exe -extended Please help me to resolve this

Thanks My Friend
I will check this and let you know the result

Anand
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.