Re: Restor Media Selection (257 Views)
Frequent Advisor
titom79
Message 1 of 5 (288 Views)
Accepted Solution

Restor Media Selection

Hello.

I post this message, because I've a question for restoration.

When I backup, it's on a datafiles librabry, and in mirroring on a tape LTO 5.

I try to restor a file, (for a restor test). But I don't know where I can select the media to force the software to use my tape, and not the file library.

When I launch a restor, automatically HP data protector (version 8.00) select file library and not the tape.

Thank you

HP Expert
Bob_Clark
Message 2 of 5 (273 Views)

Re: Restor Media Selection

I ran a test backup, and then, went into Restore, and saw the same thing you did.  I was able to resolve this by changing to 'All Media' (default is 'Non-Resident Media')

In the devices Window, make sure that you have the physical tape device selected.  After doing this, I ran a test restore, and it chose the correct device and media

Frequent Advisor
titom79
Message 3 of 5 (263 Views)

It doesn't work for me.

In Restor, Device, I selected LTO5, and in Media, I choose All Media, and I selected the good media but it doesn't work.

rest.JPG

Frequent Advisor
titom79
Message 4 of 5 (259 Views)

I found the solution for version 8.00

In tab copy click on copy and Properties.

I can select source copy manually and choose source copy created.

Honored Contributor
andre80
Message 5 of 5 (257 Views)

[ Edited ]

what you could do for your testing purposes is go to device and media, expand the file library and disable all devices (writer) which are configured for the file library. then try a new restore, dp should use now the copy from the physical tape. after that, dont forgett to enable the file library writers again.

edit: thanks for sharing the solution with the copy tab!

hope this helps

regards

andre

if you find this post usefull please assign kudos by clicking on the thumbs up icon. thanks :-)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.