04-19-2013 06:50 AM - edited 04-23-2013 07:59 AM
I have a Windows 2008 R2 Server with Data Protector 6.21 with all the last patch. If I try to deploy the patch on the remote Server, in Data Protector in the Section "Client", with the option "Upgrade", or if I Check the Installation on a remote Server or on the Backup Server, the Session is aborted after one second only, see the attachment.
In log only this info:
 From: @ "" Time:
Can anybody help me?
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-23-2013 06:50 AM
Thanks for your answer.
I have ~25 client and I have the same problem on all client server. I install the patch manually on all server, but I want to make now the upgrade on the version 7.
I check the IS_install.txt file, but the last Line was in February 2012. They is no new info.
but in the same Directory in the debug.txt log I found this Error:
23.04.2013 15:22:56 INET_thread_bm.exe.5708.4484 ["/lib/cmn/win32exe.c $Rev: 35316 $ $Date:: 2012-12-28 12:03:40":403] A.06.20 b408
[CmnCreateProcess]: CreateProcess failed:  A required privilege is not held by the client.
I search now with privilege is missing on my server. If you have a Idea you are welcome
04-23-2013 07:01 AM
Under which user is running Data Protector CRS service? Please check that is running under administrator user.
The privilege needed are:
Act as part of operating system
Replace a process level token
04-23-2013 07:20 AM
Data Protector CRS Service is running with a Domain User who is in the same Groups as the Administrator. I put now this privilege to this user in DP server and on the remote server but it got alwas the same error.
04-23-2013 07:39 AM
All DP service was restartet after the change of privilege.
I check too the omniinetpasswd -list and my user is in the list and selected for the installation.
Data Protector Inet service is running too with the same user
Data Protector UIP service is running too with the same user
Data Protector RDS service is running with the Local System account
In Data Protector Manager, under the Users, the same user is as CRS service account.
04-23-2013 07:53 AM
OK it's working now.
What I do:
- I change the privilege from my user in the AD. This user was only in the Domain Admins group. I put it in the same group like the Administrator, plus I add it in the Backup Operators group
- I put the privilege like JBasilio say, "Act as part of operating system" and "Replace a process level token"
- I put the privilege "Back up Files and directories" like I found in this old kb (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272587/en-us). It's a old kb for Windows 2000 but it's help in my case
- I check the install user who is used in DP for remote install like the article: http://thebraveadmin.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/data
- I restart one time more all DP service
Now I can Check a installation on a remote server and I can install the patch on the remote server
Thanks for your help ;)