Re: Reporting - Notifications Some work, some do not?? (222 Views)
Advisor
Adam Reynolds_1
Message 1 of 6 (291 Views)

Reporting - Notifications Some work, some do not??

Hello Fellow DP Admins.

Has anyone encountered an issue with "Notifications" in DPv7.01 where by some notifications work (Email SMTP), like "MountRequest" but "NotEnoughFreeMedia" doesn't? I know I have setup the SMTP variables in the global file as I'm getting reports of the evening backups etc and some notifications, but the NotEnoughFreeMedia doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks for any help

Adam

Honored Contributor
JBasilio
Message 2 of 6 (259 Views)

Re: Reporting - Notifications Some work, some do not??

Advisor
Adam Reynolds_1
Message 3 of 6 (247 Views)

Thank you JB for your reply.

i will set the value to a combined value for both the media pool and it's free pool. (Currently 70 media available across both pools). I'll set the value to 300 and see if I get a notification.

Thanks again.

Adam

Advisor
Adam Reynolds_1
Message 4 of 6 (237 Views)

Hi

That didn't work either.

The media pools in question have "free pools" assigned to them. So what I have done is set the values on the primary media pool (VTL1) to 300 and it's free pool (VTL1_FreePool)  to 300. VTL1 has currently 20 free tapes, and VTL1_FreePool has 22. So i should be getting an email notification of "NotEnoughFreeMedia" ???

Thanks for any help guys.

Adam

Honored Contributor
Scott McIntosh_2
Message 5 of 6 (222 Views)

If you look at the flowchart for that QCCR, it is currently at action, not completed.

That means they are working on the change and will release it at some time in patches.

But it's not been done yet.

Since it's illogical to run a "not enough free media" check against a media pool that uses a free pool, it makes sense the way it was working.  If they change it to reflect the pool+free pool, then the check makes sense.  But that change is still to be released.

Thanks,

Scott

Occasional Visitor
Michael_H2
Message 6 of 6 (182 Views)

I'm having the same issue, with version A.07.00.  Unless I am incorrectly configuring these notifications, this must be a program bug, because the product documention clearly states that the NotEnoughFreeMedia notification should work for media pools that have free pools associated with them, in which case the sum of media pool + free pool are compared against the set threshold.

I can get the notification to trigger when it is assigned to a media pool without any free pool associated with it, but as soon as I associate a free pool with the media pool in question, the notification will not trigger for anything.  If I set the notification directly for a free pool, it also will not trigger.  This ALL worked fine in version A.06.00.

@Scott:  I disagree with the "it's illogical" statement.  I should be able to get a notification when my free pool falls below some set number of free media, so that I can know it's time to load more.  A.06.00 already did this.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Is it a known issue with version 7?  Or could it just be a case of, "feature changed; forgot to update documentation to match" ?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.