Re: Problems with OBII 3.5 online backup using EBU 2.2.0.9 & Oracle 7.3.4 (33 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Kurt Bittner
Message 1 of 3 (33 Views)

Problems with OBII 3.5 online backup using EBU 2.2.0.9 & Oracle 7.3.4

We are having problems doing an online backup of our database using the OBII Oracle integration with EBU. I am quite certain that our configuration is valid because the backup starts successfully and runs for over 2 hours, but then invariably fails with these errors:

BRIO process cancelling current operation
[Major] From BSM@hpsysman "online_ODSPRD"
Got unexpected close from OB2BAR Backup DA on
igccdb1
EBU-4204: Shutdown message received.

In initial attempts the backup was failing after about 5-10 minutes with an "Asynchronous I/O" error, but I resolved that problem by creating an EBU parameter file with these entries:
disk_io_size=32
tape_io_size=32
buffer_size=32
After this, the backup seemed to go better but failed after a couple of hours as noted above.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kurt Beyers.
Message 2 of 3 (33 Views)

Re: Problems with OBII 3.5 online backup using EBU 2.2.0.9 & Oracle 7.3.4

What are the results of a preview backup? Can you attach the session details?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Kurt Bittner
Message 3 of 3 (33 Views)

Re: Problems with OBII 3.5 online backup using EBU 2.2.0.9 & Oracle 7.3.4

The preview backup runs without any problems or errors. I have attached the session monitor output for the failed backup. Our thinking now is that this is related to a known bug involving ebu backups of Advanced JFS filesystems, which is addressed in patch PHKL_20356. We have not installed this patch. It may explain why the backup succeeded in tests on our development servers, which are not using Advanced JFS.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation